VERTEX is a global construction management organization with an international presence that has been operating in California since 1996. We serve public and private clients who require local experts with a comprehensive understanding of the regional or state markets. Our services are available in all major California cities, including San Francisco, Sacramento, San Diego, Los Angeles, and others.
San Diego Projects
San Diego ProjectsAll Projects
Frequently Asked Questions
Building envelope consultants are concerned with a building’s technical performance features, ranging from the building material to the multiple operational systems. They can assist architects, contractors, owners, and property developers by providing reviews of requirements, construction drawings, and project documentation to identify possible issues and suggest alterations before the project begins.
Developers and homebuilders in Los Angeles can rely on VERTEX’s construction management consultants and quality assurance experts to ensure that the hired builders adhere to the highest standards. Highly trained QA (quality assurance) and QC (quality control) experts have decades of experience in the field, allowing them to discover or predict potential defects by applying and running QA programs at every project stage. In addition, VERTEX experts ensure compliance with local, state, or federal codes and regulations and conduct site inspections.
- Property Condition Assessments: Property condition assessments (PCA) are conducted to visually evaluate a building’s condition. They’re usually done in real estate transactions. Depending on the specific needs, they can be more elaborate and result in writing a property condition report (PCR). Unless a more thorough examination is requested, they are usually performed according to the ASTM 2018-15 standard.
A construction claims consultant’s job is to provide expert advisory services for arbitration, mediation, or trial. They complete the claims analysis to assess potential issues and prevent a problem from arising as the project moves forward.
Claim consultants are construction and civil engineering industry experts who can provide legal advice and help with project management. They are familiar with the best practices and standards of construction management procedures. This is how they know what types of issues could turn into legal matters. They can examine the case, pinpoint errors made by a construction company, and help build a legal claim.
Multiple uncertain conditions and events could pose a risk to a construction project. Even though all construction projects are carefully planned, unforeseen circumstances often cause unexpected problems. This is where the risk management team comes in to pinpoint and evaluate the potential issues, and offer the appropriate course of action to handle them and minimize their effects.
One of the tools construction risk management uses to mitigate potential damage is surety bonding. It focuses on a project’s construction, insurance, and legal aspects.
- Surety / Completion Contracting: A surety bond is a legal agreement between the company performing the work, a government agency, and the third party that requires the surety. It protects the third party from possible losses. The third party can file a claim and receive compensation for these losses.
It is a contract by which the construction company provides assurance against unfavorable outcomes it could be held responsible for. Those outcomes could include not finishing the project in time, failure to meet contract specifications, or other disruptions that can cause financial loss.
As the leading group of construction consultants in Los Angeles and other parts of the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, VERTEX offers a wide range of services and expertise in diverse professional fields. As a result, we can deliver the best construction consulting solutions for developers and builders in California. Our rich project portfolio speaks volumes about our reliability and expertise.
Our services include:
- Expert forensic services for construction and design disputes.
- Waterproofing and building envelope performance consulting.
- Balcony assurance and deck inspection services in California.
- Expert construction management services for private and public clients.
- Environmental risk management to avoid unplanned costs.