VERTEX’s Massachusetts offices, including the one in Boston, are some of the largest in our office network. Our team’s deep understanding of local permitting, rules, and regulations has cemented us as one of the leading AEC companies on a global level. Decades of experience, consistent quality and excellence, and presence in the industry has allowed us to provide the most accurate and professional consulting services tailored to a myriad of project types.
Massachusetts ProjectsAll Projects
Frequently Asked Questions
Construction forensic investigations consist of gathering all the necessary data to perform an analysis and conclude if mistakes were made during any phase of the design or construction process. Using modern tools and technology, forensic expert witnesses can discover and present evidence that can be used for any potential legal proceedings. As a result, it can help avoid litigation or, if that’s not possible, build a compelling case.
Since environmental remediation services involve detecting and removing contaminating materials from potential construction sites in Boston, the established procedures concentrate on the following:
- Soil remediation involves established processes and techniques to remove contaminants from the soil.
- Sediment remediation involves studying the physical and chemical characteristics of soil and water mixtures made of clay, organic matter, or hydrated oxides and then using remediation techniques to reduce contaminants or at least minimize their presence and reduce them to less harmful levels.
- Groundwater remediation analyzes the quality of ground and surface water sources. It determines if they present a threat to human health and if they can safely be used for the intended purposes. First, groundwater must be pumped out to evaluate and determine the contamination source. After that, several methods can be used to restore the property to a healthier state. They include the use of:
- Pumping systems
- In situ treatments
- Interceptor systems
- Groundwater barrier systems.
Industrial hygiene consulting firms in Boston and beyond deal with the environmental influences and factors present in the workplace or emerging from specific construction processes. Some of them may involve illness or impair one’s health, while others can cause inefficiency and discomfort among workers or construction location community members.
An effective industrial hygiene program involves four main elements:
- Recognition and identification.
After the potential hazard has been identified, an appropriate set of measures is applied to control, reduce the exposure, and prevent injuries and possible diseases.
Owners’ representative works with the project owner to provide a wide selection of services during all phases of a construction project. This is a way to ensure fluid processes and meet complex demands more quickly. Owners’ representation requires expertise in all areas of the construction process.
An owner’s representative is a member of the project team. Still, the difference is that they work under a special contract with the project owner. They can oversee the entire project, including the initial planning and design, construction, and final phases. They work in the owners’ best interest, report to them directly, and offer unbiased advice.
Almost three decades of commitment to expertise and excellence in all construction-related areas made VERTEX one of the most trusted and prestigious companies with a local and international presence. We collaborate with top law firms, developers, sureties, insurance carriers, and contractors across Boston and other parts of the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
You can find out more about our high-expertise assistance in Massachusetts. We provide a wide range of services, including:
- Professional expert witness and forensic services.
- Development consulting and tailored remediation services.
- Applied building sciences to manage potential hazards and apply best industrial hygiene practices.
- Owner’s representative services to make sure your best interests are looked after.
We provide services to both private and public clients, so don’t hesitate to call or submit an inquiry to find out what our value-driven company can do for you.